Product Design Engineer
ANP Lighting, a nationwide architectural site lighting manufacturer, is seeking a Product Design Engineer to join our team. This individual is tasked with bringing new products to market, maintaining existing products and coordinating production of both. The Product Design Engineer must have a solid understanding of cast aluminum foundry operations. The selected candidate must be a self-motivated and well organized individual who can solve problems and think on their own.
The Product Design Engineer will have creativity and design skills to conceptualize and evaluate ideas, combining art, science and technology to create tangible products. The Product Design Engineer will design all aspects of the mechanical and electrical engineering of our architectural lighting fixtures. You will work closely with Manufacturing and Sales in the design and production of both new and existing product lines.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Coordinates new product development activities from conception, design, mock-up, testing, UL coordination and 1st production units.
- Responsible for design activities, documentation control, engineering change coordination, BOM development and production drawings.
- Custom designs tooling for cast foundry operations and facilitates production with company owned foundry.
- Responsible for establishing engineering procedures and standards, gathering market requirements, drive product cost reduction through design for manufacturability and assembly initiatives.
- Direct contact with inside sales and suppliers. Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Inside Sales. Support agent training. Supply product information for specification sheets, create detailed drawings.
- Coordinates and manages staff daily production of shop and quotation drawings.
- Stays current with the latest in Lighting Technology, including LED. Source new components and suppliers.
- Monitoring the competition, research competitive product, create comparison charts and specifications.
- Work directly with Marketing and Product Development. Evaluate new and existing products within the company, organize product introduction schedule, compare/learn specification features and understand manufacturing methods.
- Computer skills; Solid Works, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Revit
- 5+ years manufacturing processes; milling, drilling, extrusions, casting, sheet metal processing, welding and fabricating, electrical assembly and lighting preferred.
- 5+ years product design experience and in-depth knowledge of I.E.S. files and AGI32.
- Working knowledge and experience of E.P.A. formulation.
- 5+ years of experience in metal fabrication and electro/mechanical manufacturing assembly is a plus.
- Solid foundation in mechanical design and familiarity with electrical design, BSin Electrical or Mechanical engineering a plus.
- Familiarity of general lighting theory and UL1598 Luminaries and NEC preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude for building of prototypes.
- Ability to read lighting and manufacturing blueprints and schematics required.
- bilingual in Spanish a plus
Competitive compensation package. Please contact Ron Foster: email@example.com
- no phone calls please.